What I could do with my Bathroom to make it accessible and safe?
- A minimum of 5 sq. feet space is required for wheelchair maneuvering Bathroom controls including taps, flush etc. should not be higher than 3 feet.
- All electrical fittings should be at the height you can reach (3 feet from the ground)
- Horizontal grab bars of 1.5 inches diameter and capable of bearing most of your weight should be installed at a height of approximately 3 feet
- The sink should be about 3 to 3 5 feet from the ground with the area under it free for the wheelchair
- All exposed edges should be rounded.
- The looking mirror should not be placed higher that 3 to 3.5 feet from the ground