What are the possible changes I can make in my BEDROOM ?
- All electrical switches should be at a height that you can reach (3 feet from the ground). The light switch, fan regulator could be next to your bedside so that yon need not get out of bed to switch it off
- The height of the bed should be same as your wheelchair for easy transfer and at least one side of bed should be wheelchair.
- One clear area (best in front of closet) measuring at least 5 sq feet should exist for wheelchair maneuvering.
- Try to make almirah and drawers accessible otherwise a stick with a hook is provided to take off the hangers
- Stacking shelves with rollers can be used.
- Avoid any heavy furniture.