The main points to be considered before thinking of modification are.
- Whether you live in a ground floor house.
- Whether you or your family owns it.
- Whether the house is rented and if so is it possible to make changes in the house?
- Ramp installed should be 1″ of rise to every 12″ of length.
- Maximum width should be 36″ (inside rails) ? (48″ is ideal)
- Slip resistant surfaces ? strips, rough concrete are acceptable surfaces.
- Door should have at least have 2′ 8″ opening at 90 degree position