As far as possible auto rickshaws should be avoided as they are very bumpy and can have a detrimental effect on the already damaged spine. Whenever one has to then be careful of the following.
- Persons with cervical injuries must wear a collar while traveling.
- While transferring take care not to scrape and knock your hips and bottom.
- Make sure the upholstery is not to hot before shifting as this can cause hip burns.
- Beware from burns in the auto rickshaw on hot days if you can.
- Empty your bladder before starting your journey
- Take care of your bowel movements.