How often will I need to catheterize?
- You can catheterise 4-6 times in a day.
- Regulate the amount of fluids that you drink to the timing of cathaterisation. Measure the quantities drunk and obtained on catheteisation. (< 500 cc)
- Between catheterisations drink no more than your bladder will hold.
- Prevent the bladder from filling above 300-350 ml. (pressure < 40 cc) between each catheterisation.
- Avoid drinking at bedtime unless you are prepared to catheterise during the night
- A daily intake of 1-1.5 liters of fluid is sufficient.