How do l clean my catheter for reuse?
- Always bathe, shower, or wash each day.
- Always wash your genitals immediately before CIC, i.e. after adjusting clothes, and after dealing with your catheter.
- Wash the area around the catheter from front to back as this prevents spread of bacteria from the anal area thus reducing the risk of infection
- Always expel all the urine from the bladder;
- Wash catheter in running water after use, dry it and replace it in its container
- Change catheter after one week. Silicon coated catheter can be used for 2 weeks