Before deciding the wheelchair you plan to purchase you need to know your energy level and abilities based on your level of your injury and the level of your independence, daily activities you can do for yourself. Other points to consider are:
- whether the wheelchair is for indoor/ outdoor use or both?
- Your ability to transfer and the amount of assistance required for getting in or out of the chair.
- What features will make the wheelchair more comfortable
- What type of transport do you use or plan to use to get about
- Funds available to purchase the wheelchair
- Architectural barriers at home & workplace.