How can my kitchen be made wheelchair friendly?
- Counter area should be continuous. Cooking and eating surfaces could be combined
- A movable worktable may be made in place of lowering the existent cabinet place
- Work counter installed (minimum 3′ wide x maximum height of 2′-10″) Leg clearance minimum of 2′-3″.
- Tile, Pyrex or marble slabs to be installed for working with hot things and for sliding
- The shelf with cooking stove should have a maximum height 34″
- Knee Space beneath should be at least 3′ wide and 27″ high
- Self-defrosting and Frost Free are easier for cleaning