Fibre is found in cereals, fruits and vegetables but not in meat and animal products like milk. Your fibre intake will increase by taking:
- Breakfast cereals: Porridge (Daliya), sprouted black gram or pulses, corn flakes
- Wholemeal flour and brown rice: It is recommended not to sieve the flour before making chapatti, purl etc. Brown rice can be used in place of ordinary rice.
- Vegetables: Have generous helpings, especially, peas, spinach, potatoes m their jackets and eat the skins too if possible. Eat more salads.
- Fruits: Try to eat one portion of fresh fruits each day including skins when possible like apples, guavas, pears etc. Papaya is a highly recommended fruit,
- Pulses and lentils: black channa, rajma, whole dais.