The key competency of ISIC's Board Members is their dedication in the welfare of society. The members belong to different fields; yet, have contributed with their guidance, motivation and knowledge in efficient functioning of Indian Spinal Injuries Centre.
1) Major HPS Ahluwalia – Chairman, Major HPS Ahluwalia's recognition following his climb to Mt Everest in the first Indian team in 1965, has helped the Center form ties with important national and international dignitaries which has further helped ISIC develop on a global level. The Chairman has also authored 15 books, including his autobiography "Higher than Everest" and various others focusing on mountaineering and the Himalayan range's flora and fauna. This credit led him to become the President of the Indian Mountaineering Foundation for two consecutive tenures. ISIC is the only hospital in India that is completely barrier-free since the architects had a unique insight into the possible impediments that a spinal injured patient can face, therefore endowing a homely and easier to relate to atmosphere. His perspective as a patient and clear understanding on importance of rehabilitation and disability were well evident during his tenure as Chairperson, Rehabilitation Council of India where he promoted conquering disability throughout India through workshops and conferences.
2) Dr Kalyan Sachdev - Medical Administrative and Purchase. He has vast experience in running a hospital (Privat hospital) and Nursing home (Privat Klinik). He was trained in Austria. He heads the Committee for Medical Purchase and gives valuable and practical advice during Board meeting.
3) Air Marshal A S Chahal - Medical Administration and Spinal Injury Management. He has vast experience and could be called the "Father of Spinal Injuries" in India. He was trained by non other than Sir George Bedbrook, who revolutionized Spinal Injury management. His experience of setting up countries' first spinal injury set up in Pune brought great value. Besides his vast experience in administration as Director General Medical Services (Indian Air Force) Marshall helped him administer very effectively during his tenure as Director General. He is the Director General Emeritus of ISIC.
4) Dr A K Mukherjee – He has been working for the welfare of the disabled for more than four decades. He was a Member of the Board of Directors of All India Institute of Medical Sciences, PGI Chandigarh, PGI Lucknow, National Academy of Medical Sciences, National Board of Examinations and NIMANS Bangalore. He worked as an Advisor in WHO. He was elected as Vice Chairman and also worked as acting Chairman of WHO South East Asia Regional Organizations, New Delhi. He has published more than 200 articles in various journals and was invited by the United Nation to be the Ad hoc committee member for drafting International Convention on Rights for Persons with Disabilities in 2006. In the year 2008 he was elected as a Member Executive Board and also he is holding Chair of Health and Function Commission of Rehab International (RI) with its headquarter in New York. He is the Health Committee Member of Federation of India Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Confederation of Indian Industry.
5) Mr Vikram Kapur – Financial and Administrative Control. He has vast experience in this field by virtue of his position as President of Atlas Cycles. His nominee Mr M M Mehra, Vice President, Atlas Cycles is a member of the Finance Committee and adds a lot of value.
6) Dr H.S. Chhabra – Secretary, Chief of Spine Services and Medical Director, Indian Spinal Injuries Centre obtained his Masters in Orthopaedics from Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi. He is a member of Education Committee and Nomination Committee of International Spinal Cord Society (ISCoS), Member Secretary of Spinal Cord Society (Indian Chapter), Executive Member of Asian Spinal Cord Networking (ASCoN) and Governing Body Member of Indian Spinal Injuries Centre (Secretary) and Regional Spinal Injuries Centres of Punjab, UP and Cuttack. He is also a faculty and guide for DNB Fellowship in Spine Surgery accredited by National Board of Examination, Ministry of Health, Government of India.
7) Sh Gautam Khaitan – Core competency – Legal Advise. His vast experience as an advocate has brought in the much needed back up of legal advice. He is also holding directorships in various companies of leading corporate houses other than holding memberships of International Bar Association, FICCI, Delhi High Court Bar Association etc.
8) Mrs Veena Chopra - Ms Veena Chopra – Core competency – Medical Administration. She has been actively involved in setting up Children's Hospital. She brings in her experience of setting another hospital.
9) Mrs Bholi Ahluwalia - Administration, Social Welfare, Interior designing. Having been involved with Major Ahluwalia in all aspects of planning and administration of the hospital and various projects like Central Asia Cultural expedition, she brings in competencies of administration. Her benevolent values make her ideally suited for the post of Chairmanship of Welfare Committee. Her penchant for interior design, sharpened after extensive travel, helps her ably guide all designing for the hospital.
10) Mr Alok Swaroop - Administrative control. He is young and dynamic entrepreneur with keen interest in the cause of social issues. This prompted his commitment to ISIC.
11) Lt Gen. Bhopinder Singh - Administrative Control. He has vast experience in this field especially during his tenure as DG Assam Rifles from May 2004 to 1st July 2006. He chairs the Technical Committee which looks after civil construction project activities. He also coordinates the Marketing Activities of the centre.
12) Lt Gen N K Parmar AVSM, VrC, VSM, PHS - Administrative Control & Policy making.
13) H.E. Vincent M Concessao - Guiding management on religions tolerance especially since 90% of staff nurses are Christian. His nominee Fr Arthur Pinto is Medical Director of another very renowned Missionary Hospital i.e. Holy Family hospital and contributes actively in all aspects of administration based on his vast experience.
Previous Board Members
|Visitor Count :|